Marilynne Eichinger founded Impression 5 in 1972.
Impression 5 Science Center is a dynamic, interactive space for families to play, create, and challenge their understanding of science. Our mission is to facilitate learners in scientific exploration through hands-on exhibits and participatory educational programming.
Impression 5 refers to the five senses and the way that each sense is engaged when guests visit.
Impression 5 Science Center is a 501(c)(3) private, non-profit organization.
Since 1982, Impression 5 has been located on Museum Drive in downtown Lansing. The building was originally used as a lumber mill.
For the past 40 years, Impression 5 has served nearly 3 million visitors.
- An exhibit area that covers more than 25,000 square feet.
- More than a dozen exhibits feature self-choice, learner-directed activities.
- A Chemistry Lab that hosts activities such as slime workshops and dry ice demonstrations!
- Space for school groups, birthday parties, and other parties and events.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Free admission for two adult family members and all of their children or grandchildren under 18. Free general admission to other ASTC science centers across the globe.
Enhanced Membership: $125
Free admission for two adult family members and all of their children or grandchildren under 18, in addition to one named caregiver. Includes 2 guest admissions with each visit. Free general admission to other ASTC science centers, and discounts on admission to ACM children's museums worldwide.
Elemental Membership: $250
Enjoy all the benefits of Enhanced Membership, plus entry into the Society of Elemental Donors.
IMPRESSION 5 ONLINE:
- impression5.org Find out about upcoming events, programs, exhibits, and more!
- Facebook – Currently, around 8,000 “likes”
- YouTube – Take a virtual tour, watch interviews with Impression 5 staff, see program previews, and see videos L.A.B.S. students have created.
- Flickr – Photos of Impression 5 events and visitors
External Relations Supervisor
Impression 5 Science Center
200 Museum Drive
Lansing, MI 48933
P: 517 485-8116 ext. 123
(Information on this fact sheet was last updated May 2015)